Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: pilates journal

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've heard pilates is "fun." So, I'm going to be reporting my thoughts and progress for all of you.

    1/21/04--ordered winsor pilates 3 DVD set online. Expect delivery in 4-7 business days. I'm tired of going to my gym in this cold weather. I'd rather work out in the privacy of my own house.

  2. #2
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    Forget Pilates.

    Just grab a broomstick and do this:
    00088563

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think the pilates i got for my sister is making
    a nice coaster right about now....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SHIT! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    If it sucks, I'm killing somebody...

    and (TG) I couldn't just grab a broomstick...who would do that if their stick didn't glow? .....duh..... [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    what's camp jim?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1/26/03--Did Pilates for the first time. It wasn't very hard, but does a lot of good stretching. I didn't feel like I had a good workout, but I do feel more relaxed. I'll continue to do it 3 or 4 times a week and see what happens. I'm afraid I may get bored.

    TG-camp Jim is a show on MTV and Jim is a cheerleading coach...it's entertainment at its best...check Jim out on mtv.com

  7. #7
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    how long was the video?

    i'd heard that they were pretty upbeat and would get you winded.

    maybe you were watching it in slo-mo

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it was 57 minutes...it's kind of upbeat...but I wouldn't say got me winded...It worked out certain muscles pretty good, but didn't wear me out like a regular gym workout would.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1/24/03--received the Pilates in the mail. Opened to take a look, but haven't done it yet.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1/28/04--did the 57 min work out again last night. From beginning to end you can tell you're stretching more, but I don't know about getting toned...you can feel certain parts of the body getting a work out, but not all i.e. the arms get no workout using pilates. It's mostly butt, thighs and abs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •